Life’s a Divine Comedy.


5:17 a.m.
Sick.
Sick af.
Omfg I’m Sick af.
No more Latte.


Life’s a divine comedy. A tale told by an Idiot. Not just any idiot, but a very fucking smart one. I know, it sounds oxymoronic, but yes. 

I slept. I was still sick, and I had a terrible fucking migraine. Maybe it was the reason I had eerie dreams, and uncomfortable shuteye. This dream I had, was so weird. I had my own Virgil, but his story line was different than that of Dante’s. I had my own Beatriz, but I was not as unfortunate as her lover. This dream is not just a facsimile of Dante’s “Divine Comedy”, but an explanation of the shit that’s been going on this whole time. Life, a potpourri of bad experiences, fucked up decisions, and some other things that are probably not in your positive side. 

Inferno

I suffered a lot. I had painful ordeals, so as everyone I know. Whenever I come closer to someone, once they recognize me, I step back. As foolish as it sounds, it happens to me in real life (this was a detailed account of a dream btw). In the dream, I would disappoint someone who’s very dear to me, which will be the very reason I will have to pass through Inferno. 

Purgatorio

I was shaken from the first dream. I had to take a pill, hoping I’d go back to sleep so serenely, that I can’t dream shitty dreams like that again. Kaboom! I’m entangled in a fucking wood. In a blink of an eye, I’m on a fucking mole hill. If it weren’t a dream, I’d certainly think that it's a fucking glitch in a matrix. I felt like, I’ve been granted another chance to redeem myself, swathe the wounds and collect the broken pieces. 

Guess that’s why they call it The Pursuit of Happiness, not particularly happiness but something that you seek to insatiate inside of you, which is basically happiness, duh. You’re basically walking on an everlasting treadmill. Well don’t pout, that’s just LIFE! and that’s what my retrospective dream have told me.

Paradiso

You know that state of having a double-dream? dreaming that you’re having a dream. I’ll give them names okay? so we have the “dream” and the “Alt-dream”. So, in the Alt-dream, I was walking in a trail, a very long pathway with cute naked cherubs hovering over my head, and a huge cortège of an orchestra, playing Chopin’s cream of the crop. As I was reaching its finale, something wakes me up, and then BOOM! I’m in the original dream. In the dream, surprisingly, the dream of the Alt-dream continues. I approach the finish line of the trail. I finally find my Beatriz. She is calling me to forget everything and start a clean slate. She insists that I do not follow her to Paradiso, not everything is like stories she says, (Fuck u Dante, ur romanesque nose is weird btw, u should feel ashamed like Cyrano de Bergerac). She bids adieu to me, and I wake up indifferently confused. I was so ambivalent, but I had a little feeling of satisfaction, as I was able to understand the dream and the Alt-dream in milliseconds. 



This is not just a dream, and not just an influence of Dante. This is Divine Comedy. This is Life, a gamble at terrible odds. 














Comments