Swipe Left.

6.06 a.m
Back to gym.
A little Itchy still.
Cleaned the shit outta the house. 

Art. 
Before we have Instagram, Tumblr., Reddit, Snapchat, we had canvases. Take the two in the middle cos’ they’re still white and cool like G-eazy. I’ve never had a canvas personally, but if you’re smart enough you’ll get the gist of my wording. Art is, in a Romanticist patois, the SublimeA quality of greatness and grandiloquence. 

Swipe left.  Nietzsche’s Art. Nietzsche’s crush. Amor Fati. 

In Nietzsche’s patois, the world is a masterpiece, of art, that spawns and gives birth to itself. He’s behold Art and the whole realm of Aesthetics, as something that transcends morality, decorum and knowledge. I gotta back Nietzsche up on this one, because for me, Art is of timeless significance. And is beyond all of the attempts of constructing a reality based on gluttony and the Will to Power
Related to his definition of Music, Art, as part and parcel of the latter, is everything to the world, and "Without music, the world’s a mistake”

If you think your life’s shit reading this, imagine Nietzsche, had a crush on Lou Salome. Overcoming the phase of Unrequited love, Nietzsche decides to propose to her. He did three times, and she dumped him. For someone who condemns morality and marriage as an institution, I’m disappointed man!

This explains the next idea, about realizing reality and its harsh version, knowing basically what’s going on and what’s wrong, but you choose to do some certain stuff. Nietzsche knows that everything is wrong with marriage, love and intimacy, but still he couldn’t handle the adventurous and artistic persona within him. 


Amor Fati, or The Love of Fate, is what makes nihilists, enjoy their trip. You might get rejected by your crush but you’re still satisfied because you accept your reality and you’re, as Nietzsche describes, a “Yes-sayer”. 
Why I admire Nietzsche, is because he had it all. ‘ Only great pain is the ultimate liberator of the spirit….I doubt that such pain makes us ‘better’; but I know that it makes us more profound.' This, in the Gay Science, is not a pretext for him to say that pain and suffering are necessarily good, but are preambles to feeling satisfied, because you simply do not compromise, as in negotiate, your fate but rather come to terms with it. Some consider Nietzsche a later stoic for this.

Swipe right. Reality and Art.

It is the Sublime, because it transcends the everyday meaning of greatness. The greatness we know is a mere simulacrum of the ‘idea’ that Plato sought to convey. It goes beyond the mathematical and logical calculations, and even beyond imitation. As much asinine as it gets, I’d love it to be part of my life. I’m a potpourri of a postmodern nihilist, who’s also a hedonist, but who’s also amenable to everything that makes him satisfied. I can spot what’s wrong with Romanticism, but I can still have parts of me that believe what they say since it pragmatically behooves me. If Art is, Imitation which is cut off twice from reality, which the fucking idealist Plato contends, then I don’t really care. Because to me and to every Postmodernist, reality is never achievable just as much as objectivity is impossible. I’d like to argue, as someone I know said earlier, reality is escapism. 

Swipe left(to explain.) Reality, from a Postmodernist prism. 

To explain, Reality is also pretty much impossible to achieve. Because, simply, there is no one reality but rather versions of it. So you can basically choose your own version of reality, but you’ll never achieve something that exists, not alone. All of this, not that I care. I live by own standards. (Okay that’s a lie). *Edit* I live by the conditions of physics’ determinism. If someone in Oujda did not spill a cup of hot homemade Latte, causing his wife to have a baby miscarriage, I wouldn’t be here writing about determinism. 

Swipe right. Conclusion.

Bluntly put, I don’t care about Plato and his disciple Aristotle’s debate on Mimesis. Actually, I don’t care about the part of Plato, because Art is a need for me as an escapist from reality that does not, de facto, exist on its own. I want and need spoon-feeding. I need something to escape to, so as not to have a existentialist crisis anymore. I need it because I am simply not able to face the pernicious side reality (a coward? yes) which is basically the Hades version of a harsh reality. 

Comments

Post a Comment